Monday, October 17, 2011

Pictures, Not Pitchers....

I remember reading a book as a teenager in which the word picture was consistently mispronounced "pitcher"...I can't remember what book that was, but I feel as though it must have come from a Lucy Maude Montgomery or Louisa May Alcott novel. Country folks in those books mispronounced with a vengeance! Here in Kentucky I've been asked more than once,"You from eastern Kentucky? You ain't got an accent." Yes, from the east. No, not from east Kentucky. :)
So speaking of pitchers and what not, while Lou was home, we decided to have some taken. I found a girl at Fort Knox who was more than willing to do a shoot and all we needed was a location. I was stumped when she told me,"Pick out a place that is meaningful to you guys" since we had gotten to Kentucky in October 2010, Lou deployed in January...and in those 3 months we had spent the majority of our time either remodeling the house or at Lowes purchasing materials to remodel with. "Meaningful place..Umm, Lowes? No, guess that won't do. How about our yard? Our house?" Both are meaningful but not exactly what she probably had in mind. :) In the end, when Lou came home I still hadn't found a spot but Mom and Dad's great idea to ride bikes in West Point, KY, a town about 10 minutes away, yielded us the perfect location! Historic for many reasons, West Point is situated on the Ohio River as you head up to Louisville and at this point in time its mainly known for its tendency to flood and literally be under water during fiercely rainy spring seasons. In fact, this spring I took a picture of the water as it covered most of the town's homes' first floors. From the road, it appears to be a run down and poor community, with lots of yard debris and peeling buildings. But, if you venture past 31W's peek and into the streets closer to the Ohio River, there are beautiful historic older homes and scenery to be excited about! At one particular house, Meriweather Lewis spent the night and Jenny Lind sang on its front porch. General Sherman housed his troops there....not that I'm a Sherman (wo)man but for all you Civil War buffs, thought you'd enjoy this tidbit. :)
Enough history, I wanted to share with you all the beautiful photos she took that morning. This was halfway through Lou's R and R and as I look at these photos now I have such good memories of that day and the amazing man I am blessed to be married to! Most were shot as candids as we goofed off and walked around. Lou was in rare form that day and we laughed more than normal! Hope you enjoy!
Overlooking the Ohio River but not each other...

So happy to be together again...Lou teasing as usual!

What an amazing and loving man I'm married to

We've changed over these last 8 months, but our love is just the same

So, I told Lou on the way there,"I want to get some kissing pictures, Honey" and he was like,"Kissing pictures?? What is this?" But then, as soon as the shoot started he went all out and the results made for romantic photos!


"Cheeks" is what Lou calls this..he sticks out his cheek for a kiss and says that with a little boy asking for candy look!

And like a little boy, I'm pretty sure he was acting up at this point!

I could stay in this moment for a long time

There was an outdoor chimney...so we climbed in...like normal people do.

"How much do you weigh again??" I think we should have had this photo shoot BEFORE we spent an entire week eating anything and everything our hearts desired!

Multitasking....he can do it!

Danger-this railroad is active...and a train came through about 10 minutes later.

My husband. What a man!

Maybe we should have been looking for trains....

Instead of plunked down in the middle of the tracks.

But railroad tracks make for really cool pictures! I just love looking at Lou in these, seeing the laugh lines....

Again, walking into danger....

Remember that comment about kissing? I think he got the message....

Under the bridge, fortunately there are no hobos or trolls around...although there are some weird finds.

So happy!

More cheeks, because who could resist him!

I love you, Baby!

And one goofy Sound of Music style shot, just for the sake of it!
 There were over 150 photos taken, many of them are similar and I tried to pick out some of my favorites....but I liked them all! All in all, we declared this mission a success! The last good professional photos we had were from our engagement 4 years ago so it seemed like a good time to update. God has been good to us both and we're so excited for the time to come....90 days until touchdown!

1 comment:

  1. Like it so much :)Lily saw the one of you both sitting on the railroad tracks and said,"oh no! They fell down!" ;)

    ReplyDelete